This quote inspired many an emotion to come crawling out from behind my well guarded heart, and motivated me to persevere to one day be the person being quoted and to be the one arousing someone else's passion for the written thought stream.
On the gage of a written thought stream: mine is more of a turbulant river with several tributaries, those whom I would like to now mention.
Firstly there's my family, mum, dad, brother, sister, and other realations and pets. But I would like to mention more specifically those who have perpetually roused a desire to better my writing and continue with it throughout my life. Mrs Terseigni, my primary school English tutor, for instilling a confidence within me that was crucial to my entrance to secondary school; Mrs Pyett, house-mistress, English teacher and grammar-fanatic; Mrs Ross, head of communications at my school and employer of my current post as school-reporter and finally, my most recent English teacher, and an extraordinary one at that: Miss Lloyd. I thank you for reading through and scrutinously marking my numerous stories, attempted books and assignments, without once complaining about their extensiveness.
Everything of importance has at one stage been written and everything written has at one stage been important.
I hope that one day, my writing will have effected at least one person, and encouraged one other to turn off the television, put down the remote, pick up a pen and make a difference.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment