Sunday, 29 July 2007

Tennis

I didn't much used to like tennis, and would have rebelled against my yearly debut to tennis camp if it hadn't been for my best friend. We always went together, every year since we were five. Until this year.
This year I wasn't going to go. This year, I had decided to take a stand against the establishment and JUST SAY NO. However, there was an obstacle I had previously unanticipated: My mum.
She never said anything obvious, never forced me, never ordered me, but somehow, everything always went the way she intended. A trip abroad with school, ballet lessons, tennis camp... The list of her triumphs is endless, but they all wield the same circumstance: my refusal to go, followed by my mum's persuasive hints, followed by my attendance at such activities.
Unfortunately, to this day, I have never been able to truthfully tell my mother that i haven't enjoyed these experiences, and that's how I ended up at my local LTC this summer... as with every other.

No comments: